Wellbeing is linked to enhanced learning outcomes, academic achievement, mental health and responsible life choices.
School Wide Positive Behaviour - SWPB
- Everyone has the right to feel safe
- Everyone has the right to be able to learn and teach
School Wide Positive Behaviour is a framework that helps school to plan and implement practices across the whole school, to improve educational and behaviour outcomes for all students. The primary aim of School Wide Positive Behaviour is to improve educational outcomes for students. It achieves this through:
- Prevention of behaviour problems and management of existing issues positively and consistently.
- Developing skills and knowledge in schools for better teaching and learning
- Creating and maintaining a better school environment for students, teachers, and the whole school community.
The school-wide behaviour matrix was developed by the teachers and students at Omeo Primary School to establish expectations of student behaviour that reflects the school values: Respect, Inclusion, Persistence, Enjoyment and Excellence. It endeavours to create and maintain a positive school culture and safe, inclusive learning environments to achieve academic and social/ emotional success for all students.
Omeo Primary School continues to teach the expected behaviours through explicit lessons that teach students important skills to cope with social situations and when faced with adversity.